24.2.17

purple and green

I found this in the park today. What is it I wonder? it's beautiful.
Sunlight on a crocus patch, so nice.
On my desk. A little mouse cup. Not sure where it came from, it belonged to my Mum. I love it.
Out of focus rosemary. It smells good.
Moody skies on the day of Storm Doris and the entrance to our local nightclub. I've never been in, it looks kind of scary! I'd be more likely to go in the launderette, but thankfully I have a washing machine, so I don't go in there either ;-) 
Yarn bomb, not me...
pine trees and water drops
and a new wool, it's called Crocus, it's a hand dyed, luxury yarn (wow) and I love this too :-)
I've been taking my photos here and there, and I realise that although blogging does take a long time, I have to keep blogging. I always want to be taking photos and I need to have somewhere to share them. I'm very visual. I love words too. I don't think I could do one without the other. I also value story, even if I don't tell the whole thing here. I think you can read so much between the lines and feel so much in peoples images of life. Life moves on, that's for sure. I love to see a new energy or new step taken, showing through in someones work. You can feel it, things evolve. You just have to start somewhere. It's a process, love that. You have to be in it, to go anywhere!  First step.

And maybe blogging is kind of old-fashioned, but just wait for the revolution!! It will be a cool new/old thing....anyway, here I am. Still finding inspiration out there, which always amazes me at how what shows up is just the right thing, for right now. And if you keep going, you gradually work things out. Even things which have bugged you for years.

And inspiration, guess what, it doesn't go away. If you step into the flow of who you are and what your doing, even if no ones watching, it does show up, especially if you do. Even if you are in the midsts of a post Storm Doris day fence collapse, and you see a great shot, you have to take it. That's why you carry your camera, for just those moments, and who knows where it might lead.

I found another blogger recently, who I think has blogged for years, possibly since the beginning, not of time, but just since blogging on the internet began. I might have read somewhere it was around 1994. That is a really long time. On this blog, I find the combination of great photography, little stories, a business made up of lots of crochet and other creative works, really inspiring. Living in Berlin, adds a whole other dimension to the photography. I find it so strange that I never came across her work until now, but now is really when I can appreciate feeling that inspiration. And this lady works hard at what she does. I admire that. Anyway I have been reading and am smitten. You can see Sandra Jutos' blog here. Did you see the crochet?! I love that it brings me back to retro crochet too.

So, I have waffled here long enough today, have a good weekend. Take photos, make things, tell little stories, blog if you can. I know I hope to. See you soon.

♥ 



3 comments:

  1. Hi there Heather. This post is perfect - great photography and musings. I'm enjoying your blog and your thoughts on blogging and Instagram really resonate with me right now. I've just put Sandra Juto on my sidebar - I'd forgotten her even though I've admired her blog in the past. Here's to more good old-fashioned blogging xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Claire. Life throws so many distractions at us it's hard to achieve anything! Perhaps there is a way to choose to do less and take something further. Something like that! X

      Delete
  2. Beautiful photos, I loved the yarn bomb it made me smile.

    ReplyDelete

A hello and wave to you, thank you for commenting, and sharing any thoughts :-)